Realme 9 Software Update:
Realme has started the incremental rollout of the new May 2022 Security Patch update for the Realme 9 model. The latest update comes with the build number RMX3521_11_A.12. This is the third OTA update this month for Realme 9. This update is an OTA patch fix which brought some Security, System, and Camera fixes.
Realme 9 was released in April 2022, with Android 12 out-of-the-box.
Talking about the camera fixes, the camera impact of several front camera scenarios has been improved, and the skin tone of portraits and inside shots has also been enhanced. The back camera’s wide-angle night scene shot sharpness has been improved. The System changes, it has fixed some minor issues to improve the system stability and improve the user experience for better performance.
Previously, it had received the Realme 9: May 2022 OTA Update with A.10 Build update which brought some major camera fixes and optimized the system stability for better performance.
Note that this is a staged rollout by Realme to ensure there are no critical bugs. It will be available to a few users and with the broader rollout, it will reach the rest of the users. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed within a few days.
- Device: Realme 9
- Android: Android 12 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: Realme UI 3.0
- Firmware Version: RMX3521_11_A.12
- Update type: Security, System & Camera
- Security patch: May 2022
- Release Date: May 25th, 2022
Source>> Realme community
- Updated Android security patch: May 2022
- Optimized system stability, improved our user experience
- Optimized the camera effect of some scenes of the front camera, and the skin color of portraits and indoor photos are clearer
- Optimized the wide-angle night scene photo clarity of the rear camera
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 12||Out-of-the-box||April 2022||Nil|
|Android 13||First OS update||Eligible||Soon|
|Android 14||Second OS Update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 9 came with an Android 12 out-of-the-box. Therefore, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 13 and 14 update.
Hence, the Android 14 will most probably be the last major OS update on this device, if Realme sticks to its commitment to providing 2 major upgrades.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 12
- First Update: Android 13 [Eligible]
- Second Update: Android 14 [Eligible]
How to update your Realme device with the latest update?
The Realme 9 third Software Update for May 2022 the new update has been rolled out and has reached a limited number of users.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
This is, once again, a staggered rollout that will soon be available to all customers. Please wait for the update to arrive on your device.
On the website https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update, a manual update link will be available.
More on Realme from us
For more Realme Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store