Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12.5 Software Update
The latest news is that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro has received the latest MIUI 12.5 stable update based on Android 10 in India along with the August 2021 Security Patch. The update is stable, which means it is being pushed in batches to a limited number of users.
The stable update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro comes with a build number 18.104.22.168.QFHINXM. The reported size of the MIUI 12.5 update in India for this device is 641 MB.
- Device: Redmi Note 7 Pro
- build version: 22.214.171.124.QFHINXM
- MIUI: MIUI 12.5
- Android OS: Android 10
- Security Patch: August 2021
- Region: India
- Update type: Stable
- Update Size: 641 MB
Source: Twitter user –>> Ankit
- Security Patch
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021
- Response to gestures is now instant.
- With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System sounds
- Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- System animations
- A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more life like.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for doodling and sketching.
- Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro was officially launched in February 2019 and released in March 2019 in India with an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box.
It received its first major OS update with an Android 10 based MIUI 12 for Pilot Testers in India in July 2020. It was supposed to receive just one major OS update until Xiaomi changed its update policy reportedly to two major OS updates for mid-range/budget phones too. But, it is still unconfirmed to receive the Android 11 update.
Now, it has received the latest MIUI 12.5 update, but it is based on Android 10 and not Android 11. However, the Android 11 update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro may come with the upcoming MIUI 13 update.
How long did Xiaomi take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 9 Pie||Out-of-the-box||March 2019||Nil|
|Android 10||First OS update||July 2020||10 months|
|Android 11||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
As mentioned above, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro was released with an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box. It received its first major OS update with Android 10 in July 2020. It has not received its second/last major OS update with Android 11 yet.
As it has bagged only one major OS update till now, it is eligible to receive the Android 11 update. That said, if it gets another OS update, it will be the will be its last major OS update and hence it is NOT in line with the upcoming Android 12 update.
- Android 9 out-of-the-box
- First Update>>Android 10
- Second Update>>Android 11 [Unconfirmed] [Last update]
How to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro with MIUI 12.5?
The [Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Android 10] MIUI 12.5 stable update is being rolled out in India in batches reportedly. But, it will soon roll out in other regions as well.
Once the update is available on your device, you will receive a notification regarding the software update. Then, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro with MIUI 12.5.
More on Xiaomi from us
For more Redmi Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store