Having released the Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 Public Beta program for the Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G during the first week of May 2021 in China, Realme has now started rolling out the Realme UI 2.0 stable Android 11 update for the same devices in China as per the official Chinese Realme Community.
The news broke out when the official Chinese Realme Community posted the details of the Android 11 stable update with Realme UI 2.0 for its Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G devices. Both the devices have received the stable Android 11 update of build version C.10. This is the first major OS update for both the devices since their release in 2020 with Android 10.
Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G specifications
Realme X50 5G
The Realme X50 5G comes with a 6.57-inch Super AMOLED screen, dual punch hole notch, and a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on it. It has a 64MP quad rear, 16MP+8MP dual front camera, 8GB RAM, and 128GB storage space. It came with an Android 10 out-of-the-box, a 2.4 GHz Octa-Core processor, Snapdragon 765G chipset, and a 4200 mAh battery with fast charging.
Realme X50m 5G
The Realme X50m 5G comes with a 6.57-inch Color IPS LCD screen, dual punch hole notch, and a Corning Gorilla Glass on it. It has a 48MP quad rear, 16MP+2MP dual front camera, 6GB RAM, and 128GB storage space. It came with an Android 10 out-of-the-box, a 2.4 GHz Octa-Core processor, Snapdragon 765G chipset, and a 4200 mAh battery with fast charging. The other variant of this device comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage space.
The Update Log as per the official Chinese Realme Community for the Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G is as follows –
- The interface is freely customized, from choosing beauty to creating beauty.
- Added creative wallpaper, you can extract the color of the photo/picture to generate your own wallpaper.
- Added desktop icons to support tripartite icon packs.
- Added dark mode settings, free to choose from three dark styles: enhanced, moderate, and soft, and supports dimming wallpapers, icons, and automatic contrast adjustment.
- Multi-terminal mutual integration and coordination, unlimited multi-device interconnection.
- Screen sharing, support remote users to share screens, both parties can watch movies and chat simultaneously, bringing closer distance.
- Remote assistance, supports remote control of the other party’s mobile phone, which can help the other party solve mobile phone operation problems conveniently and efficiently.
- Added floating window/split-screen file drag and drop, support text, picture, file drag, and drop sharing.
- Added a quick entry for Breeno screen recognition in the smart sidebar.
- Optimize the interaction of the smart sidebar, the pagination editing is clearer, and the free sorting is more practical.
- Added dynamic notification ringtones, when continuous notifications are received, the notification sounds will form a complete melody, and dense notifications should be elegant and free.
- Newly added DND time setting function.
- Optimize the note interface, and provide new visual styles on the list and edit page.
- Optimize the live weather animation to make the status more realistic and vivid.
- Optimize the vibration effect, enrich the multi-scene touch experience such as input method and game vibration.
- Optimize automatic brightness adjustment to provide a more comfortable backlight experience.
- Added folder dissolution and merging functions.
- Added custom sorting of drawer mode, support sorting by letter, installation time, frequency of use, and quickly find the application you want.
Security and Privacy
- Added the ability to turn on/off the application lock with one key in the control center.
- Added SOS for all scenes:
- Early warning of natural disasters and earthquakes and guides for avoidance can be provided during warnings.
- Embassy consular protection number service, you can quickly dial the protection hotline in an emergency.
- First aid information, quickly display personal medical information in emergency situations and support lock screen display to rescuers.
- Added password book cloud synchronization, account, and password support multi-terminal real-time synchronization.
- Optimize permission management, sensitive permissions support “only this time” authorization, avoid over-authorization, and protect personal privacy.
- Added Breeno screen recognition, smart trigger, one-key direct access.
- Tmall, Taobao, Jingdong product pages, intelligently recommend coupons, compare prices, and view historical prices.
- Short video playback pages such as Douyin and Kuaishou, intelligently listen to songs and recognize music, and instantly recognize video background music.
- WeChat public account, Tencent news article page, intelligently read articles aloud, free your hands, listen to whatever you want.
- Optimize travel suggestions, smart travel companions plan your itinerary list.
- Optimize sleep recommendations, provide you with more intimate sleep recommendations in sleep mode.
- Added Breeno fast exercise command to quickly turn on the running or walking mode in the health application.
- Added full immersion mode, closed-door gaming experience, no-interference immersive gaming.
- Added game super-playing report, generating battle data in time to help the game replay (only some games are supported).
- Added game update package sharing function, which can quickly share pre-downloaded update packages to others.
- Optimize the way to call out the game assistant, which is easier to use and convenient.
- Add personal hotspot QR code sharing.
- Newly added private safe cloud synchronization, which supports the synchronization of album data in the private safe to the cloud.
- Optimize the photo album editing function, optimize the algorithm for image enhancement, and add more brushes and style filters.
- Newly added cloud backup of the whole machine, supporting mobile phone albums, documents, system settings, WeChat, and other comprehensive data backup, easy to change the machine with one key.
- Added backup custom selection, support selecting the required data type for backup or restoration.
- Add backup copy.
- Newly added inertial zoom function, the zoom in the video can be switched at a constant speed, and the video zoom is smoother.
- Added video level and grid lines to assist video composition.
- Added two-finger swipe up to call out barrier-free shortcuts.
- Added a sound enhancer to enhance the weak sound in the environment and improve the audio effect.
- Added voice subtitles, recognize the internal and external sounds of the mobile phone, and display them in text form.
How long did Realme take for the Update?
Both the Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G devices were released with an Android 10 out-of-the-box in January 2020 and April 2020 respectively in Chinese and European markets. They both had the latest version of Android, Android 10 at that time. As the Android 11 was officially released on September 8, 2020, it took Realme around 9 months to release the official Android 11 stable update for Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G devices.
How long will it get Updates?
As mentioned earlier, Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G were launched with Android 10 out-of-the-box, so Android 11 is the first major update for both devices. The Android program promises at least 2 years of a major update with a security update. So, both the devices are in line with the Android 12 update as well. And Android 12 can be the last major OS update for Realme X50 5G and X50m 5G too as the Realme update policy promises only two years of a major update for its premium midrange and midrange phones.
Android 10 out-of-the-box || First Update>>Android 11 || Last Update>>Android 12
How to Update your Realme device?
Once the Android 11 update is available on your Realme device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your device to Android 11.
Check out More from Realme
For more Realme android 11 updates please download our android app – Available on Play Store