Realme C21Y Software Update:
Realme is rolling out October 2021 Security Patch to Realme C21Y devices with system stability and performance along with an OTG switch, with RMX3261_11_A.59 build.
The On-the-Go feature is used mainly for sharing files or to attach pen drives, memory cards or other low power peripherals, like a keyboard & mouse. Surprisingly this feature is common in all devices in 2021 but turned off in this video before this update.
The device previously has gotten the September 2021 Security Patch, which is a good thing coming from Realme as this is a budget device, Realme is certainly doing a good job when it comes to rolling out a regular security update for even budget segment of devices.
Realme C21Y was released was released 02nd July,2021 with Android 10 out-of-the-box.
This security patch is rolling out to the devices in batches starting 13th November 2021.
- Device: Realme C21Y
- Android: Android 11
- UI: Realme UI 2.0
- Build number: RMX3261_11_A.59
- Update type: Software/Security
- Region: India
- Updated Android security patch: October 2021
- Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
- Adds an OTG switch which is turned off by default. To turn on this feature, go to “Settings – Network & internet – OTG”
Check Out>> –>> Realme UI 3.0 with Android 12
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||July 2021||Nil|
|Android 11||First OS update||August 2021||9 month|
|Android 12||Second/Last OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
User Issues & Problems:
A Realme community user “Harshil“, has reported these many problems after the update, he has encountered unusually plenty of bugs and issues have a look.
- There finger screen shot option not available,
- Default system app lock option not available,
- Double tap screen On/,Off option not available,
- real time network speed tracker not available,
- Data use icon not available,
- Realme system Theme not available,
- Realme system default Gallary app not available, only Google photos pre-installed,
- Realme filemanger app not available,only Google file manager installed,
- camera quality poor like VGA camera,
- lower version realme Ui,
- Heating issue,
- weak speeker sounds
- calculator god not so normal,
- call recording option not available.
How long will it get updates?
The Realme C21Y was released with an Android 10 in July 2021. Therefore, Android 11 is its first major OS update.
Hence, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 12 update and it will be its second/last major OS update, it is expected to get early access soon check here: Realme UI 3.0 with Android 12
- Out-of-the-box: Android 10
- First update: Android 11 [First Update]
- Second update: Android 12 [Eligible] [Last update] [Unconfirmed]
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
More on Realme from us
- Realme C25s: October 2021 Security Patch with A.15 Build
- Realme C25: October 2021 Security Patch with A.24 Build
- Realme Narzo 30A: November 2021 Security Patch
- Realme Narzo 50i: October 2021 Security Patch
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store