Realme 9 Software Update:
Realme has begun the phased rollout of the June 2022 OTA update for the Realme 9 model. The latest software update comes with the build number RMX3521_11_A.14 which has brought some improvements in the system of the device and optimized camera effects in some scenarios for better experience.
Realme 9 was released in April 2022, with Android 12 out-of-the-box.
Talking about improvements in the system, stability of the system has been improved for enhanced performance and user experience has also been improved. The video focus, backlight, and nighttime photo clarity of the rear camera have been optimized. Image zoom and thumbnail loading for the 108MP rear camera has also been optimized. Enhancements were made to the video stabilization function of the front camera and the HDR photo of the rear camera. Wide-angle front and rear cameras’ color effects have been optimized.
Previously, the device was updated to May 2022 Security patch which made some improvements in the system and camera effects in some of the scenarios. For full changelog details, you can refer to this post here – Realme 9: May 2022 Security Patch with A.12 Build
Note that this is a staged rollout to ensure the stability of this update. The update will be randomly pushed to a limited number of users to rule out any critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed within a few days.
- Device: Realme 9
- Android: Android 12 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: Realme UI 3.0
- Firmware Version: RMX3521_11_A.14
- Update type: Security, System & Camera
- Security patch: May 2022
- Release Date: 6th June, 2022
Source: Realme Community
- Optimized system stability, improved our user experience.
- Optimized the rear camera video focus, backlight and night scene photo clarity.
- Optimized the rear camera 108MP thumbnail loading and zoom imaging functions.
- Optimized the video stabilization function of the front camera and the brightness of the HDR photo of the rear camera.
- Optimized the color effect of the front and rear camera wide-angle.
How long did Realme take for the update?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 12||Out-of-the-box||April 2022||Nil|
|Android 13||First OS update||Eligible||Soon|
|Android 14||Second OS Update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 9 came with an Android 12 out-of-the-box. Therefore, it is eligible for the upcoming Android 13 and 14 update.
Hence, the Android 14 will most probably be the last major OS update on this device, if Realme sticks to its commitment of providing 2 major upgrades.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 12
- First Update: Android 13 [Eligible]
- Second Update: Android 14 [Eligible]
How to update your Realme device with the latest update?
The Realme 9 June 2022 OTA update has been rolled out and has reached a limited number of users.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
This is, once again, a staggered rollout that will soon be available to all customers. Please wait for the update to arrive on your device.
On the website https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update, a manual update link will be available.
More on Realme from us
For more Realme Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store