Realme 8 Software Update
Realme has now released the Realme 8 Software Update making the latest RAM Expansion feature available with the update along with July 2021 Android security patch.
Along with the RAM Expansion feature, the system security has been upgraded with the July 2021 Android Security Patch update.
The RAM Expansion feature is also known as “Virtual RAM“. What it does is, lets you increase your device’s RAM by allowing some of the device’s internal memory to the RAM. Hence, the RAM is increased and the device runs smoother.
To know how to use the RAM Expansion feature learn more
This news may disappoint the Realme 8 users as the latest August 2021 Security Patch has not been added despite it being the last week of August.
The Realme 8 was released in March 2021 with an Android 11 out-of-the-box.
- Device: Realme 8 (4G)
- Android: Android 11
- Realme UI: Realme UI 2.0
- Build number: RMX3085_11.A.19
- Update type: Software Update / Security Update
- Android Security Patch: July 2021
“In order to ensure the stability of this update, it will have a staged rollout. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days”.
- Adds the RAM expansion feature.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue where the scroll bar would sometimes disappear in File Manager.
- Fixes an issue where the screen would flicker when you rotate the screen to view photos shot with the screen locked.
- Fixes an issue where images received in some third-party apps could not be edited.
- Integrates the July 2021 Android security patch.
Check your device>>> Realme Android 11 Update Tracker
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 8 was released with an Android 11 out-of-the-box. Therefore, the upcoming Android 12 will be its first major OS update.
Hence, it is also eligible to be on the Android 13 update list. And it will be its second/last major OS update.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 11
- First update>>> Android 12 [Eligible]
- Second update>>> Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update] [Unconfirmed]
Check out >>> Android 12 update list for Realme devices
How to install the latest software update on your Realme device?
The official statement about the Realme 8 Software Update is, “This is a phased roll-out and will be available to all the users very soon. Kindly be patient and wait for the update on your device”.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest security/software update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
More on Realme from us
- Realme C15 Qualcomm Edition Software Update: July 2021 Android Security Patch released
- Realme 3 Pro Android 11 Update
- Realme Narzo 20A Android 11 Update: Realme UI 2.0 Beta Update released
- Realme Narzo 10A Android 11 Update: Open Beta channel goes live
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store