Realme 8 5G software update
The Realme 8 5G has started receiving October 2021 latest Android security patch in India. This update is available for Realme 8 5G users carrying A.11 Build and improves the smoothness of the device.
Realme 8 5G was released in 28th April 2021 with Android 11, Realme UI 2.0 out-of-the-box.
The update is available via OTA it will have a staged rollout. It will be going to optimize the image brightness in the rear camera, fixes light leakage issues in the front camera, and of course, optimize the network connection.
- Device: Realme 8 5G
- Android: Android 11
- Realme UI: Realme UI 2.0
- Build number: RMX3241_11_A.11
- Update type: Security Update
- Update size: 552MB
- Android Security Patch: October 2021
Source>> Realme community
- Integrates the October 2021 Android security patch.
- Fixes lag and stutters in some cases.
- Fixes screen flickering that might occur when leaving Sleep Capsule.
- Fixes an issue where the Raise to wake feature might occasionally fail to work.
- Fixes noises that might occasionally occur in your ringtone for incoming calls when your phone is connected to a Bluetooth device
How long did Realme take for the major OS updates?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||April 2021||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||Eligible||–|
|Android 13||Second OS update||Eligible||–|
How long will it get updates?
The Realme 8 5G was released with an Android 11. Therefore, the Android 12 will be its first major OS update.
Also, it is eligible for the coming soon Android 13 update and it will be its second/last major OS update.
- Out-of-the-box>>> Android 11
- First update>>> Android 12
- Second update>>> Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update]
How to install the latest software update on your Realme device?
The Realme 8 5G with October 2021 Android Security Patch is being rolled out in phases. Hence, it will reach all the users soon
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Realme device with the latest security/software update.
How To Check Software Update On Any Realme Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any Realme Smartphone.
More on Realme from us
- Realme GT Neo 2 October 2021 Security Patch
- Realme 8i: October 2021 Security Patch
- Realme C21: September 2021 Security Patch
- Realme Narzo 50A: September 2021 Security Patch
For more Realme Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store