Oppo A9 2020 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update
Oppo has released yet another latest Security Update for one of their devices, with the Oppo A9 2020 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update.
The update is currently rolling out in many regions reportedly. It is based on Android 11 with the ColorOS 11.1 skin. The update is in phases, so only a few users will receive this Security Update initially.
The Oppo A9 2020 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update upgrades the device’s security with the latest August 2021 Security Patch. Oppo was in fact the first OEM to release the August 2021 Patch to one of their devices.
However, this update does not include the trending RAM Expansion feature. To know more about the RAM Expansion feature, also called ‘Virtual RAM’, click here. >>>more about virtual ram <<<
The Oppo A9 – 2020 was released in September 2019 with an Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box.
- Device: Oppo A9 2020
- Android: Android 11
- ColorOS: ColorOS 11.1 (ColorOS 11)
- Build number: CPH1937_11_F.08
- Update type: Security Update / Software Update
- Update size: 1.5 GB (Reportedly)
- Region: Global
- Android Security Patch: August 2021
Source: ColorOS Community
Along with the August 2021 Android Security Patch, the update also brings some system fixes and optimizes the system performance reportedly.
- Provides smoother system performance in certain scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where you couldn’t add facial information for screen unlock in certain scenarios.
- Fixes a volume issue with Bluetooth earphones.
- Fixes a crash issue that occurred when you made phone calls in certain scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where photos taken against the light in Night mode were dim.
- Improves the clarity of photos taken using the ultra wide lens.
- Optimises the bokeh effect in Portrait mode.
- Integrates the August 2021 Android security patch to enhance system security.
How long did Oppo take for the major OS updates?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 9 Pie||Out-of-the-box||September 2019||Nil|
|Android 10||First OS update||June 2020||9 months|
|Android 11||Second/Last OS update||May 2021||8 months|
Check your device>>> Oppo Android 11 Update Tracker
How long will it get updates?
The Oppo A9 2020 has received two major OS updates with Android 10 and 11. Therefore, it is ineligible for the upcoming Android 12 update.
Hence, the Android 11 was the last major OS update on this device. However, it will continue to receive Security Updates for this year at least.
- Out-of-the-box>> Android 9 Pie
- First Update>> Android 10
- Second Update>> Android 11 [Last Update]
Read this for reference>>> Oppo Android 12 Update List | ColorOS 12
How to update your Oppo device with the latest update?
The Oppo A9 2020 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update is currently rolling out globally. It is expected to reach all the users soon.
Once it’s available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Oppo device with the August 2021 Security Patch Update.
More on Oppo from us
- Oppo A52 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update with RAM Expansion feature
- Oppo F11 August 2021 Android Security Patch Update released in Asia
- Oppo Find X3 Pro ColorOS 12 Beta update based on Android 12 released in China
- Oppo ColorOS 11 July 2021 roll-out plan based on Android 11
For more Oppo Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store