OnePlus Nord Software Update:
OnePlus has started rolling out the Open Beta, based on Android 12, for OnePlus Nord users. Users can participate in their Open Beta program and all the participants should update Open Beta to the latest version to meet the latest upcoming build.
The build number for Indian OnePlus Nord users is AC2001_11.F.10 and with the latest build number, comes the new features which we’re expecting to be stabled in one or two months maximum. But again, this is just a prediction.
OnePlus Nord was released on 4th August, 2020, with an Android 10 out-of-the-box.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of the program. These builds do not have the same level of stability as the official OTAs. There can be some risks associated with the installation of the beta version of the program.
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Android version: Android 12
- OxygenOS: OxygenOS 12
- Build version: Open Beta 2
- IN: AC2001_11.F.10
- Update type: Software Update – testing phase
- Update Changes:
- Dark mode
- WorkLife Balance
- Canvas AOD
- Release Date: 23rd April 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biometric self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- [Fixed] the issue that sound plays abnormally
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- WorkLife Balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
- The screen will be still on when calls come in after turning on the Do Not Disturb and setting calls and messages to be undisturbed.
- The Find in page of Chrome will be triggered when using alert slider(Ring to Slient) after enabling Chrome.
- The app can not be displayed occasionally after entering its full name when searching local apps.
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||April 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First update||October 2020||1 month|
|Android 12||Second update||Open Beta 2||7 months|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus Nord has received one major OS update with Android 11. The Open Beta program has been released by the company and the stable version will be released later in 2022. It is expected to come by September or October but it is just an expectation.
OnePlus will give two years of major OS updates and three years of Security updates.
Android 12 will probably be the last major OS update on the device.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 10
- First Update: Android 11
- Second Update: Android 12 [Open Beta]
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
OnePlus Nord Open Beta program is rolling out and the participants will be able to access the features of this version and the subsequent build to come in the future.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
This instruction is only for OnePlus Nord, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB of available storage space before flashing the build.
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store