Oneplus Nord Software Update:
OnePlus has started the incremental rollout of the May 2022 Security Patch via OTA update for the OnePlus Nord model. Note that the version shared above is only intended for India. And it may soon arrive to other regions as follows.
OnePlus Nord was officially launched on 4th August 2020 with Android 10 out-of-the-box.
The latest security patch comes with the build number AC2001_11.F.12 which has brought numerous key updates in the System, Dark Mode, Shelf, Worklife Balance, Gallery, Canvas AOD, and Games section. Please keep in mind that some changelogs are only available for a single version of the software. As a result, you’ll notice that this build has a different changelog.
As of now, this is a staged rollout. The update will reach a small fraction of users to ensure there are no critical bugs. If no bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in a few days.
Previously on the 13th of May 2022, the OnePlus Nord had received its first stable OTA update of Android 12 with F.11 Build after 3 Beta updates, you can view the complete changelog here: Oneplus Nord: OxygenOS 12 with Android 12 [Stable Update]
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Android: Android 12
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Firmware version: AC2001_11.F.12
- Update type: Software Update
- Security Patch: May 2022
- Release date: June 2nd 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- [Fixed] the issue that sound plays abnormally
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
- [Fixed] the issue that the Safe Mode popup displayed abnormally in certain scenarios
- [Fixed] the issue that the Camera displayed abnormally and crashed
- [Fixed] the issue that the charging icon displayed abnormally
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work-Life Balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||August 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First update||March 2021||6 months|
|Android 12||Second update||May 2022||8 months|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus Nord has received both major OS updates with Android 11 & Android 12. The company released the stable version of Android 12 in May 2022.
Hence Android 12 is probably the last major OS update on the device.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 10
- First Update: Android 11
- Second Update: Android 12 [Stable Update – Released]
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus Nord Software Update with OxygenOS 12 with F.12 Build is currently rolling out in the Indian region.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any OnePlus Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any OnePlus Smartphone.
More on OnePlus from us
For more OnePlus Android updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store