OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update:
Breaking News: Oneplus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta, for Oneplus Nord CE 2 which brings the Android 12 software upgrade along with a new user interface and better privacy controls. This update is accessible for users who have updated their device to A.13 Build.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 was released on 17th February 2022 with Android 11 out of the box.
- The time displays on AOD abnormally.
- No location information in the video details.
- The sound might not play when connected to a wireless earphone in the App cloner version of WhatsApp.
Previously, the device was running on a June 2022 security patch which improved the system stability and experience of the device. For full information on the update, refer to this post here: Oneplus Nord CE 2: June 2022 Security Patch with A.13 Build
- Device: OnePlus Nord CE 2
- Android: Android 12 [upgraded]
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Firmware Version: Unknown
- Update type: Software Update – Open Beta
- Security patch: June 2022 – As seen previously
- Release date: July 14th, 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures
- Dark mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work-Life Balance
- Newly added Work-Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colours, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment
Also Read: OxygenOS 12 New Features & Eligible Devices
Note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus Nord CE 2. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 5GB storage space is available.
MP version = Stable official version
OBT version = Open Beta Version
MP to OBT upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.
Note: Please note that the upgrade package below only suits users who are on A.13 version.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Power off the phone -> Pressing the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds at the same time -> Choose a language, then enter the Recovery mode -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
OBT to MP rollback guide—via Local OTA update
Note: This upgrade method might erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
Note: Before installing the rollback package, you will need to rename the package by deleting “_Rollback”.
- Download the latest ROM rollback zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM rollback package to the phone storage and rename the package by deleting “_Rollback”.
- Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in the developer mode.
- Go back Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding rollback package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the rollback is complete, click Restart.
- Rollback successful.
Ready to get started on Open Beta 1?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
- Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- As always, your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to hearing your continued feedback. With the transition to this new Community platform, the Feedback section is temporarily unavailable. However, you can submit bugs by opening the Google Dialer and typing *#800#. You will find a menu that allows you to submit bugs. Please bear in mind this method is only available in India for the time being.
- Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS updates?
|Android OS||Update||Release Date/Status||Estimated Months|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||February 2022||Nil|
|Android 12||First OS update||July 2022 – Open Beta||–|
|Android 13||Second OS update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 has been released with Android 11 out of the box. So, the upcoming Android 12 update will be its first major OS update. It is also eligible to be on the Android 13 update list as well. And it may probably be the last major OS update on the device.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First update: Android 12 [Open Beta]
- Second update: Android 13 [Eligible] [Last update]
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 will get two years of major Android upgrades and three years of security patches reportedly.
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update with OxygenOS 12 – Android 12 build is currently rolling out in phases and will reach all the users soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any OnePlus Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any OnePlus Smartphone.
More From Us
Android 12 – Update Tracker We have made a list of devices which has received…
Best Video Editors for 2022 Video editing is one of the most priced fields in…
The Billionaire’s Journey The Billion dollar man Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX has…
What Makes “Nothing” Special? Nothing Phone 1 is all set to enter the smartphone market…
What is Content Marketing Software: In content marketing, we create and distribute valuable, relevant, and…
Start a business under $500: Business is changing, ideas are developing, and people are wanting…
For more OnePlus updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store