OnePlus 9 Software Update:
OnePlus has begun the incremental rollout of the May 2022 Security Patch update for the OnePlus 9 model. The latest software update comes with the build numbers LE2111_11.C.61, LE2113_11.C.61, & LE2115_11.C.61 for the Indian, European, and North American regions respectively which has brought a series of improvements in the following areas – Security, System, Camera, Network, Communication.
OnePlus 9 was released on 23rd March 2021, with Android 11 out-of-the-box.
An occasional issue with the call dialing which hindered the performance has now improved the Communication area of the device. The Mobile data network was getting unstable in some scenarios but the issue has now been fixed with this update. The abnormal crash of the Camera was an occasional issue which has now been fixed. The location information of some photos was wrongly displayed, the issue has now been resolved.
Clearing of the background apps was working abnormally in the previous build but it has been resolved now. System fluency has been improvised and stability has also been improved. For security purposes, the Android security patch has been updated to May 2022.
Note: As usual, this OTA will be incremental. A small fraction of users will receive the OTA, and they’ll begin a wider rollout in a few days to ensure there are no critical bugs.
Previously, the device had received a peculiar system stability update which doesn’t bring any necessary the previous Update: Oneplus 9: OxygenOS 12 with C.60 Build
Also, the device had received Oneplus 9: April 2022 Security Patch with C.48 Build this was the last security patch the device was running.
- Device: OnePlus 9
- Android: Android 12
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Build Number:
- IN: LE2111_11.C.61
- EU: LE2113_11.C.61
- NA: LE2115_11.C.61
- Update type: Software/Security
- Security patch: May 2022
- Release date: July 1st, 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- [Improved] system stability
- [Optimized] the fluency of the system
- [Fixed] the issue that clearing the background worked abnormally
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Fixed] the occasional issue where the camera crashed abnormally
- [Fixed] the issue that photos did not display the right location information
- [Fixed] the issue where the mobile data network was unstable in some scenarios
- [Fixed] the occasional issue for call dialing
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||March 2021||Nil|
|Android 12||First update||December 2021||2 months|
|Android 13||Second update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
|Android 14||Third update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 9 will receive three years of major OS updates and four years of Security updates.
OnePlus 9 Pro was launched with Android 11 out of the box. It is anticipated that it may be eligible for 3 years of OS updates. We should wait for the official confirmation from the company.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First Update: Android 12 [Received]
- Second Update: Android 13 [Eligible]
- Third Update: Android 14 [Eligible] [Last Update]
Check your device>>> OnePlus Android 12 update list
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus 9 Software Update with OxygenOS 12 with C.61 build is currently rolling out in all the regions. It may reach all users soon, the update is a staged rollout.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any OnePlus Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any OnePlus Smartphone.
More From Us
For more OnePlus Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store