OnePlus 8T Software Update:
OnePlus has started the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS 12 – C.15 build for the OnePlus 8T model. This OTA will be incremental and will reach only a small percentage of users, but very soon, they will be going for a broader rollout of the update.
The new update optimizes the phone’s charging speed in some scenarios. The update also fixed some previously known issues to make the system stable and smoother. This update is currently being rolled out only for Indian users, but soon they will be rolling out the update for other regions too.
OnePlus 8T was released on 16th October 2020 with Android 10 out-of-the-box, and upgradable to Android 12, OxygenOS 12 (as of 2022)
On March 19th 2022: the much-awaited android 12 with OxygenOS 12 was released for Oneplus 8T in India & North America, you can read more details here
- Device: OnePlus 8T
- Android-Current Version: Android 12
- Android: Android 10 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Firmware Version: KB2001_11.C.15 [IN]
- Update type: System & Camera
- Release date: April 14th, 2022
Source: Oneplus Community Page
- [Optimized] the charging speed in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the communication stability when making a phone call
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to use face unlock
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal display when enabling applications in some scenarios
- [Improved] system stability
- [Fixed] the abnormal notification issue of “Camera is running”
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 11||Out-of-the-box||October 2020||Nil|
|Android 12||First update||March 2022||6 month|
|Android 13||Second update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
|Android 14||Third update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 8T will receive three years of major OS updates and four years of Security updates.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 11
- First Update: Android 12 [Eligible]
- Second Update: Android 13 [Eligible]
- Third Update: Android 14 [Eligible] [Last Update]
Check your device>>> OnePlus Android 12 update list
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus 8T Software Update with OxygenOS 12 with C.15 Build is currently rolling out in India.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
More From OnePlus
For more OnePlus Android updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store