OnePlus 8T Software Update:
OnePlus has started rolling out the new build of C.21 with OxygenOS 12 update via OTA for the OnePlus 8T model. The latest OTA update with build number KB2001_11.C.21 is the second update this month for the device which has brought some system hotfixes and Camera enhancements for a better experience.
OnePlus 8T was released on 16th October 2020 with Android 10 out-of-the-box, and upgradable to Android 12 with OxygenOS 12 (as of 2022)
The device has received some system and camera changes which enhances the user experience and performance of the device. System stability has been improved for better performance of the device.
Abnormal behavior of screen in certain scenarios after locking the device has been fixed in the new update. After enabling the Quick Launch, some of the gesture operations were working abnormally which were hindering the performance but the issue has now been fixed. In certain scenarios, the Camera might crash when opening the Ultra Steady feature. The issue has now been resolved.
In the previous update, the device got minor improvements and changes with the May 2022 security patch. For full changelog information, you can refer to this post here- OnePlus 8T: May 2022 Security Patch with C.20 Build
Note: As of now, this is a staged rollout. The update will reach a small fraction of users to ensure there are no critical bugs. If no bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in a few days.
- Device: OnePlus 8T
- Android-Current Version: Android 12
- Android: Android 10 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Firmware Version:
- IN: KB2001_11.C.21
- Update type: System & Camera
- Release date: 19th June 2022
Source: OnePlus Community
- [Improved] system stability
- [Fixed] the issue that the screen kept on abnormally in certain scenarios after locking
- [Fixed] the issue that some gesture operations worked abnormally after enabling the Quick launch
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when opening Ultra Steady in certain scenarios
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||October 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First update||March 2021||6 months|
|Android 12||Second update||March 2022||6 months|
|Android 13||Third update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 8T will receive three years of major OS updates and four years of Security updates.
- Out-of-the-box: Android 10
- First Update: Android 11
- Second Update: Android 12
- Third Update: Android 13 [Eligible] [Last Update]
Check your device>>> OnePlus Android 12 update list
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The OnePlus 8T Software Update with OxygenOS 12 with C.21 Build is currently rolling out in India.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
How To Check Software Update On Any OnePlus Smartphone?
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and Find Software Update; Tap On It.
- And If There Would any Update available it will appear there.
- Then Hit Download and this is how you can check Software Update on any OnePlus Smartphone.
More From OnePlus
For more OnePlus Android updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store