OnePlus 8 Software Update:
OnePlus has started the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS 12 – C.15 build for the OnePlus 8 model. This OTA will be incremental and will reach only a small percentage of users, but very soon, they will be going for a broader rollout of the update.
The new update optimizes the phone’s charging speed in some scenarios. The update also fixed some previously known issues to make the system stable and smoother. This update is currently being rolled out only for Indian users, but soon they will be rolling out the update for other regions too.
OnePlus 8 was released on April 21, 2020 with Android 10 out-of-the-box, upgradable to Android 12, OxygenOS 12 (as of 2022)
On March 19, 2022: Oneplus officially released the stable OxygenOS 12 with Android 12 for Oneplus 8 users, the complete details are mentioned here.
- Device: OnePlus 8
- Android:- Current Version: Android 12
- Android: Android 10 [out-of-the-box]
- Custom UI: OxygenOS 12
- Firmware Version: IN2011_11.C.15 [IN]
- Update type: System & Camera
- Release date: April 14th, 2022
Source: Oneplus Community Page
- Optimized] the charging speed in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the communication stability when making a phone call
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to use face unlock
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal display when enabling applications in some scenarios
- [Improved] system stability
- [Fixed] the abnormal notification issue of “Camera is running”
How long did OnePlus take for the major OS update?
|Android OS||Update||Release date/status||Estimated time|
|Android 10||Out-of-the-box||April 2020||Nil|
|Android 11||First update||October 2020||1 month|
|Android 12||Second update||March 2022||6 month|
|Android 13||Third update||Eligible||Unconfirmed|
How long will it get updates?
The OnePlus 8 has received two major OS updates with Android 12. Therefore, it is eligible for the Android 13 updates as well.
The OnePlus 8 will receive three years of major OS updates and four years of Security updates.
Android 13 will probably be the last major OS update on the device.
- Out-of-the-box>>>Android 10
- First Update>>Android 11
- Second Update>>Android 12 [Eligible]
- Third Update>>> Android 13 [Eligible] [Last Update]
How to update your OnePlus device with the latest Software Update?
The Oneplus 8 Software Update with OxygenOS 12 with C.15 Build is currently rolling out in India. But, it is soon expected to expand to other regions soon.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
More ->> OnePlus 8 – Update tracker
More From OnePlus:
For more OnePlus Android updates, please download our android app – available on the Play Store