Nothing Phone 1 Software Update:
We have great news for all Nothing Phone 1 users, the device is getting its first OTA software update which brings July 2022 Security Patch with Nothing OS 1.1.0 along with introducing new experimental features, camera improvements and bug fixes in the overall functionality of the device.
Nothing Phone (1) was released on 12th July 2022, with Android 12 Out of the box
Nothing Phone (1) has been hyped and touted as one of the best premium midrange offering from the company, in the market with its unique lighting features and Glyph Interface. They have focused on the unique and simplistic UI called the NothingOS.
As the device is the company’s first offering, this device will get a lot of care and attention from the Nothing Team to rollout new features and upgrades through software with every possible way to keep new users pumped and provide good word of mouth to the brand.
We think the first few iterations of Nothing Phone will be running the best of what they can offer, so make use of it as other brands are solely focused on selling more units with not a lot of attention.
- Device: Nothing Phone 1
- Android: Android 12
- Custom UI: NothingOS 1.0
- Build Number: NothingOS 1.1.0
- Update type: Software Update – Security
- Update size: 117MB
- Security patch: July 2022
- Region: Globally
- Release date: July 20th, 2022
- New Features:
- Introduced experimental Tesla control feature
- Introduced experimental NFT Gallery widget.
- We heard your feedback on the Beta Launcher – the Search Bar on the home screen is now optional
- Camera Improvements:
- Glyph fill light is now available in Portrait Mode.
- Improved clarity and reduced noise when taking photos in low light environments.
- Improved dynamic range when taking photos in low light environments.
- Improved photo clarity when using the ultra-wide camera
- Improved colour consistency across the main ultra-wide sensors.
- Bug Fixes & Performance Optimizations:
- Updated Android security patch to July 2022
- Fixed a lock screen bug that would sometimes hide the fingerprint icon.
- Improved the reliability of the Glyph Interface
- Battery life optimizations when device is one standby
- Improved Face Unlock performance.
- General bug fixes
Update Size: 117 MB
- Glyph Interface not working on some devices as it should work
- Few bugs in the system settings
- The LED Stripes maybe pealing or appears to be coming out in few devices
- Dust found on the back panel of the device.
- Green tint & Dead pixels on the OLED Display of the device.
- Quality related issues on the overall device on retail units.
Software Update – Policy:
Nothing Phone (1) is the first device offered from the company and certainly we have to comprehend how they keep up with their promises and quality of software updates, after few iterations of android.
3 Years of Software & 4 years of Security – Updates
Note: As per the company the device should get 3 years of software update like, the device was released with Android 12 and it should be able to run upto Android 15 or equivalent and 4 years of security patch, in bi-monthly basis.
- Software Support:
- Out of the box: Android 12 [Running]
- First Update: Android 13
- Second Update: Android 14
- Third/Last Update: Android 15
How to update your Nothing device with the latest Software Update?
The Nothing Phone (1) Software Update with July 2022 Security Patch – NothingOS 1.1.0 build is currently rolling out in all the regions. It may reach all users soon, the update is a staged rollout.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your OnePlus device with the latest update.
More From Us:
For more Nothing Android updates please download our android app – available on the Play Store