Google Pixel September 2021 Security Patch Update
This update rolls out at a time when pixel users were eagerly anticipating the Android 12 OTA rollout. It looks like they have to wait a week or two for stable Android 12.
The Google Pixel devices which received the latest September 2021 Android Security update are the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5 and Pixel 5A.
Update released on 7th September 2021
Google rolls out September 2021 Android Security Patch for its Pixel Devices: All of these devices are expected to get 3 years of updates, a few are almost the end of their update timeline
- Pixel 3(XL) –> Released on October 18th,2018 – Almost will end software support soon
- Pixel 3 –> Released on October 18th,2018 – Almost will end software support soon
This is Google’s monthly Security update with Google’s Bulletin addressing the security vulnerabilities and functional improvements affecting Pixel Devices.
Update Details :
Build Numbers (Global)
- Pixel 3 (XL): RQ3A.210905.001
- Pixel 3a (XL): RQ3A.210905.001
- Pixel 4 (XL): RQ3A.210905.001
- Pixel 4a: RQ3A.210905.001
- Pixel 4a (5G): RQ3A.210905.001
- Pixel 5:RQ3A.210905.001
Update Details :
- Device: Pixel 3
- Android: Android 11
- Update Size: 10.30 MB
- Update type: Security Update
- Security Patch: September 2021
Credits: Twitter user –>> Sari Rahman
Notable details: This update fixes critical bugs and improves the performance and stability of your device.
Security patches :
- Vulnerabilities are grouped under the component they affect
- 17 vulnerabilities in Android Framework and system components
- Tables published by Google elaborates the details of the vulnerabilities.
No Functional update this month as we wait for Pixel to drop its stable Android 12 update.
Details of security fixes are found in this link: Pixel Update Bulletin – September 2021 | Android Open Source Project
How long will the Google Pixel devices get updates?
|Phone||No guaranteed Android version updates after||No guaranteed security updates after||No guaranteed telephone or online support after|
|Pixel 5||October 2023||October 2023||October 2023|
|Pixel 4a (5G)||November 2023||November 2023||November 2023|
|Pixel 4a||August 2023||August 2023||August 2023|
|Pixel 4 XL||October 2022||October 2022||October 2022|
|Pixel 4||October 2022||October 2022||October 2022|
|Pixel 3a XL||May 2022||May 2022||May 2022|
|Pixel 3a||May 2022||May 2022||May 2022|
|Pixel 3 XL||October 2021||October 2021||October 2021|
|Pixel 3||October 2021||October 2021||October 2021|
|Pixel 2 XL||October 2020||October 2020||October 2020|
|Pixel 2||October 2020||October 2020||October 2020|
|Pixel XL||October 2018||October 2019||October 2019|
|Pixel||October 2018||October 2019||October 2019|
How to update your Google Pixel devices with the September 2021 Security Update?
Google is pushing its September 2021 Security Patch updates globally. The users will receive a notification on the same when it’s available.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Pixel device with the latest Security Update.
More Interesting stuff from us
- Google Pixel July 2021 Security updates
- Samsung Galaxy M30s – Motherboard issue, freezing, reboot & more after a recent update – Refund?
- Samsung One UI Watch UX based on Wear OS unveiled at the MWC 2021
- Android System WebView [Should I delete or Disable or Keep it in 2021]
For more Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store