Google Pixel Software Update:
Google has started the phased rollout of the June 2022 Security patch via OTA for all Google Pixel devices supporting the Android 12 version. The latest security patch brings some major improvements in the areas such as Apps, Audio, Camera, systems, and many more.
The June 2022 Security patch was released on June 6th 2022
With the release of the June 2022 Security Patch, Google has also rolled out their latest feature Drop which is being rolled out from Pixel 4 to the latest flagship devices Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Keep reading, we have discussed the latest features of Drop in the article below.
From Pixel 4 to Pixel 6 Pro, all the devices supporting Android 12 are receiving the update. Remember that this is a staged rollout. It is rolling out in phases to ensure that no critical bugs are found and users will receive the OTA notification once the update is available for their Pixel device.
Previous Update: Google Pixel Series: May 2022 Security Patch
Eligible Devices For June 2022 Security Patch With Their Launch Dates
All these Pixel devices have received the Android 12 update. Therefore, these supported devices are receiving the June 2022 security patch update
- Pixel 4 (XL) – 22nd October 2019 with Android 10
- Pixel 4a – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 4a (5G) – 05th November 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5 – 15th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 5a (5G) – 26th August 2021 with Android 11
- Pixel 6 – 28th October 2021 With Android 12
- Pixel 6 Pro – 28th October 2021 With Android 12
For most of the Pixel devices, Android 12 may be the last update except for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Google Pixel Drop Features
Google has started rolling out their new feature Drop from Google Pixel 4 to their latest flagship phones Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. From Music videos to vaccine cards and more, new Drop features are a boost for the supported Pixel devices. Let’s see what are the new features.
- Make Music With Videos: The latest Drop feature lets you turn sounds into music that you hear every day. In collaboration with teenage engineering, pocket operator™ for Pixel™ lets you shoot video content and turn it into fun music and video cut-ups. Layer sounds, add visual effects, create patterns and beats and mix it all together to make your own unique tracks.
- Vaccine Cards: Outing and you need to show your vaccine proof card? You don’t need to struggle to find your vaccine card screenshot. Else, now you can create a shortcut on your home screen to quickly retrieve it. This feature is available in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
- New At a Glance Features:
- Nest Doorbell Video: From your lock screen, you can now see who has rung your Nest Doorbell. This functionality requires the Google Home or Nest app, as well as a compatible Nest Doorbell (available separately).
- Flashlight Reminder & Shortcut: If you mistakenly leave your flashlight on, you’ll now receive a reminder and shortcut to switch it off.
- Air Quality Alerts: Air quality warnings for your present area will keep you safe and protect you. This function is only available in the United States, Australia, and India. The feature will be rolling out soon.
- New Wallpapers for Pride Month: Collaborating with the illustrator Yann Bastard, three new wallpapers for Pride Month have been introduced in the Drop feature.
- Sound Amplifier: Sound Amplifier was created and for people who have hearing loss. It uses your phone to enhance and filter crucial sounds in your environment. Conversation mode enhances the voice you want while filtering out background noise and other voices you don’t. It’s based on a deep learning model that analyses both audio and visual cues to differentiate speech. Focus your camera on the person you wish to speak with and tune in solely to them. This feature is available to all Pixel users.
- Devices with Software versions
- Global (Unlocked)
- Pixel 4 (XL): SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 4a: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 4a (5G): SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 5: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 5a (5G): SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 6: SQ3A.220605.009.B1
- Pixel 6 Pro: SQ3A.220605.009.B1
- Pixel 6: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Pixel 6 Pro: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
- Android: Android 12
- UI: Stock UI with Google Material You
- Update type: Software Update/Security patch
- Security Patch: June 2022
- Region: Globally
- Release date: June 7th 2022
- What’s Included
- In addition to new features, the June 2022 update includes several fixes and improvements across many areas including device performance, stability, connectivity, and more – see below for some notable improvements.
- Fix for issue causing Google app crash after updating device in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue preventing GBoard from appearing in certain apps (A-230151581) *.
- Fix for issues causing loud noise artefacts during calls under certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue preventing audio playback over USB accessories when using certain third-party apps *.
- Fix for issue preventing incoming notifications for calls in certain conditions (A-199020405) *.
- Fix for issue preventing pre-screened calls to be accepted in certain conditions *.
- Battery & Power
- General improvements for idle power consumption under certain conditions (A-205165830, A-224923101) *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing rear fingerprint unlock to take longer than expected (A-215532798, A-223330132) *.
- Fix for issue causing under-display fingerprint unlock to fail while in a call with AOD active *.
- General improvements for Bluetooth stability & performance *.
- Fix for issue causing white screen to display after double tapping power to open Camera (A-226673984) *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Camera to launch when tapping power button for Emergency SOS mode *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing click sound in the background of captured videos (A-222556615) *.
- General improvements for camera stability & performance *.
- Display & Graphics
- Fix for issue causing display artifacts after waking device in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing display artifacts in Photos preview in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing display brightness to increase when flashlight is turned on (A-219732625) *.
- Fix for issue preventing contactless payments in certain conditions *.
- Improvements for adaptive brightness response in low light levels *.
- General improvements for system stability & performance *.
- Kernel update to 4.14.261 for Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL & Pixel 4a.
- Kernel update to 4.19.224 for Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5 & Pixel 5a (5G).
- Kernel update to 5.10.81 for Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro.
- General improvements for network connection stability & performance *.
- User Interface
- Add behavior to open Clock after tapping on the next alarm on home screen *.
- Fix for issue causing SIM color option to appear invisible in Settings (A-209976548) *.
- Fix for issue causing split app divider to overlay animation while switching between apps (A-214940784) *.
- Fix for issue causing status bar to overlay on top of certain apps on devices with a display cutout (A-216374000) *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen wallpaper to appear hidden while using Android Auto *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing lockscreen UI to appear hidden after waking device (A-215207532) *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing notification panel to display on top half of the screen (A-227442690) *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing PIN unlock keyboard to appear incorrectly scaled on lock screen *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Quick Settings to appear invisible after swiping down notification panel *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing system crash when UI toasts are triggered (A-219780255) *.
- General improvements for Wi-Fi stability & performance *.
How long does Google Pixel’s Android take for the update?
Pixel phones receive Android version updates for at least three years from their launch date.
Pixel phones get security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store. Up to Google Pixel 5A, the software policy remains the same.
Pixel 6 Series to get up to 5 years of Security Patches.
How to update your Pixel Smartphone?
To check for updates in your pixel phone, you need to:
- Open your phone’s Settings app
- Near the bottom, tap System > Advanced > System update.
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any steps on the screen.
- Check for an Update:
- To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
- To check if a Google Play system update is available, tap Google Play system update.
Do check periodically to see if an update is available.
More on Google from us
Google Pixel Series Software Update: Google Pixel series has started receiving the incremental update of…
Google Pixel Series Software Update: The Google Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the February…
Pixel Series Software Update: The Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the January 2022 Security…
Pixel Series Software Update: The Pixel Series of lineup started receiving the December 2021 Security…
Pixel Series Software Update: The Pixel Series is getting their first security patch, update after…
Google Pixel Series Security Update: Google Pixel Series of Smartphone, have started getting the October…
For more Pixel updates please download our Android App – available on the Play Store