Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update
Google released the Android 12 Beta 4 this month and attained the Platform Stability phase with the update. However, the catch was that the update contained several issues which were reported by the Android 12 Beta users.
The official Android Developers were quick to act on the issues and have released the Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update bringing an end to these reported issues. Much to the happiness of the users, Google released the update within two weeks of the complaints.
The most important bug that this update has fixed is the VPN issue which happened to most of the Android 12 Beta users. What happened was, when you connected your phone to VPN, it could not reconnect to the internet. Now, this issue doesn’t exist anymore.
The Pixel devices which have received the Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update are Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5.
- Release date: August 25, 2021
- Android: Android 12
- Beta: Beta 4.1
- Build: SPB4.210715.014
- Update type: Beta update
- Update size:
- Pixel 4a: 6.54 MB
- Other: 6.45 MB, 6.71 MB, 6.48 MB
- Emulator support: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
- Security patch level: August 2021
- Google Play services: 21.24.18
- API diff:
Official Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused some devices to get stuck in a boot loop after restarting the device. (Issue #193789343)
- Fixed an issue where heads-up notifications were sometimes not shown, requiring the user to swipe into the notification drawer to view them. (Issue #196264672)
- Fixed an issue where the device volume controls sometimes did not work when casting. (Issue #196528545)
- Fixed an issue where Face Unlock did not work on some devices. (Issue #189819846)
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from granting the Nearby Devices permission to the Phone app in settings. Users who are experiencing a crash loop with the Phone app when trying to make a call over Bluetooth can now grant the required permission. To do this, long press the Phone app and tap App info , then go to Permissions > Nearby devices and select Allow. (Issue #196325588)
- Fixed an issue where, after connecting the phone to a VPN, the phone could not connect to the internet. (Issue #196237480)
Other than these, there haven’t been many changes in the Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update. The update contains the same August 2021 Android Security Patch which was released earlier this month.
Credits: Emad Hussien – YouTube >> In-Depth-Tech-Reviews
How to install the Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update in your Pixel device?
If you’re already running a Developer Preview or Beta build, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 4.1, as per the official statement.
Once the update is available on your device, you can head over to Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update section to update your Pixel device with the Android 12 Beta 4.1 update.
More on Android 12 from us
- Android 12 Beta 4 Update hits the Pixel devices: Platform Stability [Changes, Features, Everything]
- Android 12 Beta 3.1 Update: Bug fixes, Performance boost, Minor changes and Details
- Android 12 Beta 3 New features
- Android 12 – Everything you need to know.
For more Android updates please download our Android App – Available on the Play Store